Joseph Redmond Rice (1805-1866) and his wife Wille Masters Rice (1809-1881) erected a log cabin across the San Antonio Road from this site in 1828. They probably established this family burial ground after the deaths of their infant twins about 1830. The high rate of infant mortality accounts for numerous burials, including four children of the Rices' daughter Sarah (Mrs. Robert) Dickerson (1826-1860). The oldest stone in the plot marks the grave of Joseph Redmond Rice. Deeded to trustees in 1953 by John (1875-1960) and Nannie Fowler, the Cemetery is maintained by descendants.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.