A rural community of farming families once existed in this area. Known as Evergreen, it was named for the numerous evergreen trees in the vicinity. A small school and church building provided a gathering place for the community. Land given for the school in 1879 by early settlers R.T. and Susan Lively also became the site of a community graveyard. The earliest known burial to occur here was that of Philip Pipkin (1817-1886). Others interred in the cemetery include descendants of the Lively and other pioneer families.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.