Stanton Cemetery began with the burials, just days apart, of the young daughter (Sarah A.) and infant son (William H.) of William and Nancy Stanton in 1861. The children, victims of a diphtheria epidemic, were buried on family land. The Stanton's other son, Joseph Brown, left handwritten instructions for preserving and protecting the family cemetery in 1917. The last person buried there was David Beavers in 1966. The Stanton Cemetery Association, founded in 1975, owns and maintains the cemetery. Members of the Hill, Beavers, and Stanton families are interred there.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.