This burial ground, located on a 640 acre grant that James English received for his service in the Texas Army, originally served the Randolph Community. English established the settlement that developed here in 1850. The first known interment is that of Archibald English in 1857. Although James English sold his farm in 1866, the burial site continued to serve the Randolph Community. The Jim English Cemetery Association, which formed in 1978, maintains the burial ground for Association members and descendants of those buried here.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.