This cemetery was established in the late 1880s in association with Enon Baptist Church. A one-room church building was also used for a public school. The first person buried here was a child named Becky Freeman, who died in 1882. The church building was destroyed in a forest fire in 1890. A tabernacle on the site was used for worship services until the turn of the century. A cemetery association was formed about 1950, and in 1960 a small headstone was placed on the previously unmarked grave of Becky Freeman. Those buried here include many descendants of area pioneer William McComb.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.