The first burial here is thought to be that of Christina Driskill (1797-1862), whose son-in-law Isaac Green Parker (1816-1875) owned the land. In 1881 Parker's widow, Mary (Polly) Parker Turner (1820-1897) deeded the 4.31-acre plot for a public burial ground. A tabernacle was erected in 1928 and used at first for funeral services and later for meetings of the cemetery association. Formerly known as Clements Cemetery, it was renamed Parker in 1937. Many members of the Pleasant Glade Community are buried here.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.