Settlement of the area, first called Enon, began about 1847. After the railroad was built in 1903, the townspeople relocated to be near the rail line and renamed their community Everman for a railroad official. This Cemetery was established in 1882 by R.E. Morris, whose wife Rosa (Josie) Vaughn, died on May 16 and was interred on the family farm. Called the Morris Graveyard for many years, the cemetery was eventually renamed to reflect its use as a community burial ground. The original Morris Graveyard portion is in the southwest section of the cemetery. (1994)
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.