One of the oldest burial grounds in Tarrant County; named for its location and used for many years before record-keeping began. In 1883 landowner J.W. Chapman deeded the property to Forest Hill Cumberland Presbyterian Church. (Cumberland was later dropped from the name.) Among the many interments of pioneers were Press and Jane Farmer, who lived at site of Fort Worth before the U.S. Army established the Fort in 1849. The cemetery is full although few headstones are visible, as most graves were unmarked or marked with field stones that have since disappeared. (1974)
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.