The Rev. W. Marion Isham (1831-1904) and his family came to Tarrant County from Georgia about 1870. Soon after arriving in the area Isham donated a one-acre plot of land to be used for a community cemetery. The oldest remaining legible grave marker here is that of N.L. Sweet (1824-1870), although earlier burials are documented by plain sandstone markers. Approximately five acres were added to the graveyard in 1941. Still in operation as a community burial ground, the historic graveyard is maintained by the Isham Cemetery Association. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.