The families of James Holland, Jacob and Drusilla Boydstun, Isaac Lowe, and Robert Ground immigrated from Illinois to this area in 1848. When the Boydstun's son, Henry, died later that year, he was buried at this site on the family farm. In 1870 the Boydstuns deeded 3.5 acres surrounding their son's grave site for cemetery, school, and church purposes. The cemetery was enlarged in 1907 with the purchase of 1.5 acres from A. T. Baggett. The graveyard remains active and is maintained by a cemetery association. Interred here are numerous area pioneers and their descendants.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.