A native of France and a veteran of the Crimean War, Clement LeTot (b. 1836) settled in northwest Dallas County in 1874. He was the founder and leading citizen of the town of Letot, which was established in 1881 along the rail line. As was the custom of early Texas pioneers, Letot set aside a plot of his land for the burial of family members. The first burials here were for his sons Theodore (d. 1884) and Paul (d. 1885). Letot was buried beside his sons in 1907. Now a part of the City of Dallas, the Letot Cemetery represents an important part of Dallas County's ethnic heritage.
|StoppingPoints.com Editorial on Letot Cemetery:|
|Letot Cemetery is near the back of the cemetery grounds of Calvary Hill Cemetery in Dallas, Texas. |
See also: Calvary Hill Funeral Home
Letot Cemetery is fenced in, and posted no trespassing.
A short ways down Lombardy from the cemetery is Letot Baptist Church, 2687 Lombardy Ln, Dallas, Tx. Phone: (214) 352-5332
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.