Established for family and community burials by the Rev. George L. Blewett, this cemetery was first used in 1855 after the death of his daughter Ann. A Cumberland Presbyterian minister, Blewett had come to Texas in 1853 with his family and other pioneers from Kentucky. Nine of the Blewett children are buried here, as are George (d. 1884) and his wife, Nancy (d. 1903). The Blewett Cemetery was for many years associated with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and until the mid-1920s was one of the primary burial grounds for the Richardson community. 1985
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.