Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About Us | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Burleson County Caldwell First Presbyterian Church of Caldwell

First Presbyterian Church of Caldwell

  Texas Historical Markers
Caldwell, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 30° 31' 37.514208", -96° 41' 43.154916"
    Texas State
Historical Marker
    This congregation was organized by The Rev. Hugh Wilson, an early Presbyterian missionary noted for his active work on the Texas frontier. Although the first account of the church appears in an 1850 document, it is likely that the congregation was organized soon after the City of Caldwell was founded in 1840. During the 1880s, the congregation met in the Methodist Church building. A 1906 fire destroyed the Presbyterians' first sanctuary. The congregation is an important historic link to the early days of Burleson County and the beginning of the Presbyterian Church in Texas.

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

Image Gallery

First Presbyterian Church of Caldwell Historical Marker Location Map, Texas