|The Arlington Cemetery Company, formed in 1909, bought |
4.7 acres of land on this site. Owners were: R.D. Cole, S.Y. Wilson, H.S.
Griffin, W.A. Taylor, F.S. Bragg, and A.H. Murray. In time, this company
ceased to function. The Arlington Cemetery Association, Inc. was formed
in 1975. Incorporators were: Louis Brockwell, Lewis Beard,
Lawrence Hughes, Margaret Cason, James Wilson, and Joe Harrell.
An Endowment Trust Fund for perpetual care was set up in 1983 and 6
acres of land were added to provide for future needs.
Last updated: 2/14/2015 15:17:00