In 1897 Elizabeth Owen had this two-story residence constructed for her daughter Emmeline B. Terrell (b. 1849), the widow of local pharmacist Joel W. Terrell, II, who had died the previous year. In 1899 the home was purchased by John H. Mickleborough, a leading Navasota banker and businessman, and his wife Georgia. An example of Queen Anne styling, the Terrell House features intricate eastlake ornamentation on the gallery and gable ends. Recorded texas Historic Landmark - 1981
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.