In 1887 the congregation of Rose Hill Methodist Church made plans to build a new sanctuary to replace the original frame one built in 1876. Special offerings were taken, and this building was completed in 1888. The vernacular Gothic sanctuary served as the principal place of worship for the congregation until 1968. Features include arched windows and an arched transom over the front door. Due to storm damage, the steeple was rebuilt in 1962. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.