Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Hidalgo County Hidalgo Old Hidalgo County Courthouse
     

Old Hidalgo County Courthouse

  Texas Historical Markers
Hidalgo, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 26° 5' 59.47497999996", -98° 15' 44.64099"
 
    Texas State
Historical Marker
     This building served as the Hidalgo County Courthouse from its construction in 1886 until the County Seat was moved to Chapin (later name Edinburg) in 1908. Made of brick from nearby Reynosa, Mexico, it originally was a two-story structure. Its cupola, roof, and second floor were destroyed in an early 20th-century fire. An important building during the county's formative years, the old Courthouse later served as an immigration and customs facility. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1963

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

Old Hidalgo County Courthouse Historical Marker Location Map, Texas