Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Wichita County Iowa Park Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M.
     

Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M.

  Texas Historical Markers
700 W Washington, Iowa Park, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 33° 57' 13.86120999996", -98° 40' 37.18171999992"
 
    Texas State
Historical Marker
     The town of Iowa Park was platted in 1888 on the route of the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad. A Masonic Lodge was also being organized in Iowa Park, and in 1891 a warrant of dispensation was granted by the Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. Iowa Park Lodge No. 713 received its charter in December 1891. A building owned by Kriedler and Windle served as the first lodge hall until 1892 when Birk Hall was secured as a meeting place. In 1896 the second floor of the First National Bank building was obtained for lodge meetings. The organization continued to meet in the bank building until 1969 when the lodge completed a building at 700 West Washington Street. Iowa Park Lodge members maintain a strong tradition of supporting community education, and have laid cornerstones for local public schools in 1901 and 1923. An award named for President Mirabeau B. Lamar has been given annually to a deserving high school student. Many charitable causes have received assistance from the Iowa Park Masons, who continue to serve the community as they have for more than a century. (1997)

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

Iowa Park Lodge No. 713, A.F. & A.M. Historical Marker Location Map, Texas

 
   
Related Themes: Texas Freemasons, Masonic Lodges, Freemasonry, Ancient Free & Accepted Masons
 
See more markers related to .