Constructed in 1909, this building was first occupied in 1910 by the Hobson Electric company. The warehouse was next leased to the Maroney Hardware Company, which was bought in 1926 by Rufus W. Higginbotham and Hyman Pearlstone, owners of the Higginbotham - Pearlstone Wholesale Hardware Company, which was located here until 1977. The four-story brick industrial building, featuring corbelled cornices, remains as a focal point of the city's historic west end. RTHL 1986
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.