Begun by Gallatin Smith, as Bonnie Castle. Bought, 1866, by Dr. S. A. Goodman. Enlarged by his son, Major W. J. Goodman, surgeon in 13th Texas Infantry, C. S. A. Remodeled in 1920s by Mrs. Sallie Goodman LeGrand, the major's last survivor. Willed to city of Tyler, 1939. Smith County Historical Society Museum housed here since 1960. Restored 1964 by Junior League of Tyler.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.