Designed by noted architect Nicholas Clayton. Gothic revival style. Dedicated as memorial in 1882 to the Rev. Benjamin Eaton, founding rector, 1841-71. Half of funds provided by the Ladies' Parochial Society; half by financier Henry Rosenberg. After city-wide fire 1885, chapel was used by St. Paul's German Presbyterian Church. Center of parish life 1900-01 and 1925-27 during church repair. Renovated in 1946 and 1966. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.