The Rev. A. M. K. Sowell served as the first pastor for this congregation, organized in 1880. Worship services were held in a log building constructed on land donated for community use by C. L. Tippett and J. W. Swayze. Members shared the facility with other area congregations and the Cottonwood School. The church moved with the school when a new structure was completed in 1903. The present sanctuary, built in 1916, is also located on property deeded by Tippett. Homecoming activities, which were begun in 1936, are held here each June.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.