Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
HomeLouisiana CountiesAscension Parish Historical Markers → Donaldsonville
 

Donaldsonville City Historical Markers

Map of Louisiana State Historical Marker Locations in the City of Donaldsonville
 

City of Donaldsonville Historical Markers

Donaldsonville Historical Marker

Hwy 404, Donaldsonville, LA, USA

Second Acadian Coast. Town founded by William Donaldson, 1806, on farm of Pierre Landry. Began as trading post about 1750, Home of Governor Francis T. Nicholls, of Dr. F.W. Prevost, who performed first Caesarian section, 1824. Parish seat of Ascension. Capital of Louisiana from January 1830 to January 1831.
Donaldsonville Churches
Ascension Catholic Church
Donaldsonville Historical Markers
Donaldsonville City Historical Marker
First Missionary Martyr
St. Emma Plantation

Donaldsonville Cemeteries
Donaldsonville Schools
Donaldsonville Historical Homes & Houses
.