A lawyer who made a fortune during the oil boom in this area, Fred Weeks (1888-1977) erected this elegant home in 1924-26. Designed by Kansas City architect J. F. Louck, the mansion stood in the middle of a 13-acre landscaped tract. Local brick mason Walter McAbee laid the specially made Kansas bricks. The Weeks family often hosted musical recitals here. Two later owners, George F. LeBus (1876-1956) and Charles H. Featherston (1886-1969), were also oilmen.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.