Erected 1855-1857 for third episcopal mission in Republic of Texas. Established Feb. 6, 1841, by the Rev. Benjamin Eaton, rector from 1841 to 1871, who is buried beneath the sanctuary. First service held Nov. 1, 1857. Here Rev. Alexander Gregg was elected first bishop of the diocese of Texas on May 6, 1859. Trinity and her congregation have withstood the perils of epidemics, fire and flood. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1965
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.