Victorian architecture. Built 1892 by grocer J.C. Thompson (1836-1905) of brick from Calavaros Kiln near Elmendorf. Upstairs in 1892 was law office of Lon C. Hill, who later founded Harlingen. Afterward on second floor was Beeville Light Guard Armory. Acquired in 1910 by Eureka Telephone Company, was communications headquarters (1912-20) for Southwestern Telegraph & Telephone Company, and then for Southwestern Bell until 1957. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1971
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.