Built in 1908 by the Texas Traction Company (Texas Electric Railway after a merger in 1917), this station served passengers and freight customers of the company's North Texas routes. The wood frame passenger depot and the attached brick freight/electric transformer section remained in use until 1948, when the rail system declined in favor of automobile travel. It is one of the few reminders of Plano's early 20th-century transportation history. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1990
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.