Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About Us | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Falls County Marlin St. Paul United Church of Christ

St. Paul United Church of Christ

  Texas Historical Markers
FM 2307 (St. Paul Road), Marlin, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 31° 22' 47.887824", -96° 53' 41.076528"
    Texas State
Historical Marker
    In 1894 German settlers founded the St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Congregation with the Rev. F. W. Ernst Hartmann as pastor. In 1896 they built a school and called their first resident minister, the Rev. Dr. Samuel D. Press (1875-1967), who was later head of Eden Seminary in St. Louis for 35 years. The first church building was replaced by the present structure in 1920. Renamed St. Paul United Church of Christ after four denominations merged in 1957, the fellowship has played a vital role in preserving the German community's heritage.

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

Image Gallery

St. Paul United Church of Christ Historical Marker Location Map, Marlin, Texas