Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About Us | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Harris County Houston St. Mark's United Methodist Church

St. Mark's United Methodist Church

  Texas Historical Markers
600 Pecore Ave., Houston, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 29° 47' 20.347332", -95° 22' 49.179684"
    Texas State
Historical Marker
     This congregation traces its history to 1875, when the Rev. Rudolph Brueck organized Emanuel German Methodist Episcopal Church. It was renamed Zion German Methodist Church in 1891 and Norhill Methodist Episcopal Church, North, in 1924. Woodland Heights Methodist Episcopal Church, South, was organized in 1912. It merged with the Norhill congregation in 1938 and relocated to this site. The new congregation, named St. Mark's, represented the historic first merger among churches of the North and South Conferences of the Methodist Church.

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

St. Mark's United Methodist Church Historical Marker Location Map, Houston, Texas