Built in 1891-92 by Rudd Crawford Spinks, This structure originally housed his jewelry and music store and included upstairs living quarters. The site had been owned earlier by S.A. Miller, a prominent local attorney who later served as a state legislator and Houston County judge. W.E. Buck Mayes, a landowner, bought the building in 1895 and it remained in his family for 45 years. Victorian in design, it features pressed tin detailing.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.