The land on which this graveyard is located was designated a family cemetery in 1873 by the Marble family. The earliest known burial is that of Martha Marble (d. 1864), whose husband John S. Marble was also buried here in 1873. Their daughter and son-in-law, Noley and David E. Spell, owned the land until 1924, when it was officially designated a cemetery in county deed records. Notable local citizens interred here include Sam H. Tevis and Daniel Comstock. A cemetery association, organized in 1983 by Spell family descendants, maintains the historic graveyard.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.