Est. by the United States Army July 7, 1849 as a link in a chain of posts extending from the Rio Grande to the Red River. Named in honor of Capt. George Lincoln who fell at Buena Vista Feb. 23, 1847. Abandoned July 20, 1852, after the frontier line had advanced further west. 1936
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.