A town founded in 1879 by a colony of English Quakers under the leadership of Isaac Paris Cox who purchased for them 82 sections of land. The town, first named Marietta in honor of Mary Cox, wife of the leader, was renamed Estacado in 1886 when Crosby County was organized. By 1893 the colony had disintegrated. Moved in 1895 to Galveston County. 1936
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.