Established in 1861. Cannon Powder for the Confederate Army was made here until 1863, when the mill was destroyed by an explosion, killing William Bloecher, Adolph Hillegeist and Peter Wunderlich, employees of the mill. The site was donated by Mrs. E.G. Hillegeist and her sons, Earl and Roy Hillegeist. Erected by Harris County Historical Survey Committee, Spring Creek county Historical Association and the descendents of those killed in the explosion. Erected 1966
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.