This house began as a one story residence built in 1882 by prominent lawyer, stage legislator, and merchant James Henry Shelburne (1845-1904) and his wife Mary Ann Perkins. Their heirs sold the house to William and Bertha Reinecker in 1912. The Reineckers added a second story, wraparound porch, and indoor plumbing in 1913, transforming the farm house into a prairie school design-influenced bungalow. The house remained in the Reinecker family until 1981. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1994
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.