Pioneer German settlers of the Rose Hill area organized this fellowship in 1875. Originally known as Spring Creek Mission, it was established under the direction of the Rev. Friedrich Ries. The earliest services were held in the home of Friederick Oeft at this site. He donated the land to the congregation and the first sanctuary was constructed here in 1876. For over 100 years the Rose Hill United Methodist Church has played a significant role in the development of the community and in the preservation of the area's cultural heritage.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.