Created in 1883, a farm near this site housed the county's indigent citizens. Farm residents and some county convicts worked to grow crops and raise livestock. Although entire families were once housed at the farm, by the 1930s the residents were mostly elderly. Their barracks-style house was moved to Weatherford in the 1940s after the farm was closed. A small cemetery was created here, and contains one legible marker. Additional grave sites have been marked with bricks. The earliest documented burial is from 1904, and the last was in 1937. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.