The earliest use of this burial ground was in 1864 at the death of Ellen, daughter of J. H. Keith. William (Big Bill) Keith donated this memorial to his Aunt Ellen with the understanding that it would be used for free public interments. It was called The Old Dublin Cemetery until 1961 when an endowment was created and the name was changed. There are about 1400 graves including 292 without names that are noted only with filed stones or funeral home markers. This graveyard is still in use. (1978)
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.