| Area's oldest occupied house. Built before 1857 by William B. and Rosetta anderson, three of whose eleven children were born here. Anderson was a carpenter, blacksmith, postmaster in town of Lyons, justice of the peace, notary public (appointed by the Governor of texas), and sergeant of Lyons Riflemen, C.S.A. Family watched military drills from second story during Civil War. Later owners: Louis Schulenburg, for whom town was named; T. W. Pierce, a principal investor in Galveston, Houston & San Antonio Railroad; and C. A. Rose family, who remodeled house for roomers. Incise in base: Present Owner: Vera F. Maricle Incise on back: Marker Sponsors: Annie B. (Anderson) Adams, Josie (Dunsmore) Boren, Elsie (Anderson) Wilson, Jane Knapik |
This page last updated: 7/15/2008
Old Anderson Place Historical Marker Location Map, Schulenburg, Texas
Related Themes: Texas C.S.A., Texas Confederate States of America, Confederacy
Texas Confederate Historical Markers.