Economical to build, operate and maintain, many narrow gauge railroads were running in Texas between 1853 and 1900. Some were Taps (for towns off the main line); some logging roads, going deep into woods and swamps.
Hauled passengers, thousands of cattle, tons of sugar cane or other crops, and were used for general traffic.
One line—Great Sweetgum, Yubadam & Hoo Hoo—operated at first as the T.M. & C. (Two Mules and a Car).
The two engines at Six Flags over Texas were built in 1887 and 1903; and rebuilt according to original specifications.
|StoppingPoints.com Editorial on Narrow Gauge Railway:|
Historical Markers at Six Flags Amusement Park:Six Flags
Cable Tool Rig
Six Flags Carousel
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.