First church-- a log building located 1/8 mile east of Doddy Hollow-- was built 1854 by early settlers. The Revs. G. W. Walker, Timothy Green were founders. In 1860 church relocated 1/4 mile southwest of here on land given by Mary Holder. In 1880 J. L. Moody gave a tract situated 1-3/4 miles west. At that site a structure was built to house church, school, and Grange Hall. Site is now a Prayer Park (on Hwy. 84). Land for this cemetery, where many Confederate veterans are buried, was given by J. c. James and A. P. Vaughn.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.