Levin Vinson Moore (1809-1899) brought his family to this area from Tennessee in 1836. They established a farmstead near a natural spring, and soon were joined by eleven other families from the southern United States. The earliest marked graves in this cemetery, which started on the Moore farm, date to 1873. Moore family members, as well as many of their neighbors, are interred in the historic graveyard. It was officially recorded in county deed records in 1895 after Robert H. Moore, a son of L. V. Moore, donated a 1-acre tract of land for burial purposes.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.