According to local tradition this cemetery began when migrant W. P. Jones buried his wife, Delila, here in 1871, hoping to later bury her in an established graveyard nearby. Her burial nevertheless remains the cemetery's earliest on record. O. S. and Jane Bradfield deeded the cemetery land to the Fairview Baptist Church in 1883. Annual spring cleanups, which began in 1909, have become a cherished tradition for descendants of persons buried here. Interred in this cemetery are pioneers, members of fraternal orders, and veterans of conflicts from the Civil War to Vietnam.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.