Civil War veteran Dr. Fortunatus B. Magruder, a successful Austin county physician, had this double galleried residence built at Sealy (15 miles southeast) in 1882. Rancher Oliver Green Cannon purchased the home in 1889 and it remained in his family until 1906, when it was sold to Sealy merchant W.L. Gray. It was later owned by his sister Lula Gray and niece Fay Bryan, the wife of county judge W.D. Bryan. The home was moved to this site in 1969. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.