Named for the Lindale School District No. 15, the Lindale Cemetery was established in 1880 when J. W. and A. W. Gibbins sold one acre of land for four dollars to school trustees for a burial ground. The first recorded burial on this site was that of E. T. Foster (1849-1883). Others buried here include families such as that of G. A. and Effie Griffin, who came to the Lindale Community in 1923. Other families represented here include Cooper, Ferrell, Griffin, Hill, Huskey, Kilcrease, Lamkin, Lindsey, Morris, Prater and Thomas. In 1893 J. K. and N. E. Thomas sold an additional two acres of land to the cemetery for twenty-five dollars, increasing its size to three acres. Military veterans buried here include participants in World War l and World War ll. In 1999 the cemetery had 241 marked and 15 unmarked graves.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.