Situated on land owned by a pioneer, Jacob LaGrone (1785-1868), who settled here in 1837, as a citizen of Republic of Texas. Chapel was built about 1866, of timber sawed by Harleton's Mill (12 mi. N) and hand-dressed at construction site. T. B. McFarland supervised the work; neighbors donated their labor. Property was deeded Aug. 17, 1870, to Methodist denomination by David McKinney, purchaser of 200 acres from LaGrone's estate. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1973
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.