Built about 1888, this was the home of local merchant Isaac Newton PArker (1841-1918) and his family. Parker, a Confederate Civil War veteran, and his first wife, Mary C. Ashley (d. 1905) reared eight children here. After Mary's death Parker married Lou Palmer, who lived in the house until her death in 1955. According to family history, Parker changed the original Victorian appearance of the house to a simpler classical style about 1911. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1996
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.