Originally constructed near the banks of Little Cypress Creek (11 mi. NW) in 1916, this chapel served the congregation of St. John Lutheran Church. Designed with Gothic detailing, it was built by German craftsmen. When the fellowship grew too large for the sanctuary, it was purchased by the members of Windwood Presbyterian Church and moved to Grant Road (8 mi. NE). Heritage Presbyterian Church relocated it here in 1980. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.