This Neo-Classical auditorium was built in 1925 to serve the increasing membership of Hemphill Presbyterian Church. Dedicated the following year, the building features a brick parapet and a bay window on the north corner. The imposing entrance consists of three open oval brick arches flanked by large pilasters. The neighborhood landmark continues to serve a large congregation. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1984.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.