Built about 1895 for lumberman Henry W. Harrell, this Victorian house resembles others erected in this neighborhood by the C. S. Belford Lumber Co. It was sold in 1907 to storekeeper W. F. Magee. In 1937 the structure was purchased by Judge Samuel Vaughan Stone, civic leader and county judge for 35 years, and his wife Berenice, who restored it. Occupied by three prominent families, this residence has been the scene of numerous social and church gatherings. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.